SIEW Showpack Sponsor
EDF Group is the world’s leading electricity company, an integrated group that operates across the entire electricity value chain, from upstream to downstream activities:
- We operate in the deregulated sectors (generation, trading, sales & marketing, energy services) and in the regulated sectors (transmission, distribution, island energy systems).
- We have developed skills in engineering in all power generation modes, both directly (nuclear, hydro, and thermal) and through specialist subsidiaries (biomass, geothermal, etc.).
- We manage our supplies, especially natural gas and biomass.
- We provide energy services in order to make the best use of energy.
Together, this range of activities has enabled us to build unique experience and expertise in the field of electricity.
Due to its commitments and its size (38.5 Million customers; 158,161 employees; €72.9 billion sales), EDF ranks:
- among the 100 most sustainable corporations in the world, in 40th place in the 2015 Corporate Knights Global 100 index;
- among the top 100 largest companies in the world, in 70th place in the Fortune Global 500 2014.
Rooted in Europe, EDF is an international group and present worldwide:
- No. 1 electricity provider in France and UK, No. 2 in Italy and Belgium and present in many other European countries.
- In North America, active in energy trading and renewables.
- In China, where 30 years of cooperation have made EDF a preferred partner.
- In South-East Asia, involved in two turnkey projects: a combined cycle gas turbine plant in Vietnam (MECO) and a hydroelectric scheme in Laos (Nam Theun 2).
- Also present in Brazil and Africa’s countries.
EDF is aiming at speeding up innovation for the cities of tomorrow - for instance with innovations in energy efficiency in buildings, in new low carbon uses of energy, smart grids, renewable energy, electric mobility and batteries.
In Singapore, EDF R&D has launched its EDF Lab in 2014 to develop and explore solutions to help decision makers and developers achieve their vision of smart and sustainable cities. Working with the Singaporean government (HDB) and local universities (NUS, NTU, SUTD, SIT, ESSEC), EDF Lab Singapore is rooting a strong expertise adapted to the Singaporean and South East Asian context for Smart Cities and Smart Grids.