The 10th edition of Asian Downstream Summit (ADS) began this year with a SAS-hosted VIP breakfast gathering that brought together forty senior executives across the refining, petrochemical and specialty chemical sectors.
At the breakfast, Mr Satyajit Dwivedi, Principal Industry Consultant, Global Process, Sensors and Smart Practice, APAC, SAS, and Mr Avinash Rajah, Enterprise Business Development Manager, Intel, shared insights on “Creating a Digital Future for Oil and Gas with Big Data Analytics & IoT”.
For this year, the Summit consisted of four plenary sessions over two days that explored: (1) “Industry in Transition: Navigating the New Age of Innovation”, (2) “Intelligizing Operations for Business Sustainability”, (3) regional downstream project updates & latest technology innovations, and the (4) “Future of Digitalization in Oil & Gas”.
Each plenary session took on two tracks:
- “Achieving Operational Excellence” – which focuses on how operators could improve competitiveness by embracing the digital enterprise model and the power of data analytics to save costs as well as improve operations.
- “Digital Innovations, Manufacturing & Automation” – which focuses on best practices on predictive maintenance and turnaround excellence in order to achieve high operational efficiency rate.
In the first plenary session, Mr M Yusri M Yusof, Vice President, Refining and Trading, PETRONAS, Malaysia, discussed his views on the market outlook & opportunities for refining & petrochemical producers in Asia. He also shared that the use of technology and refinery-petrochemical integration could enhance value for operators.
ADS 2017 also showcased technical presentations from leading technology providers at TechTalks. These covered the following topics:
- How process engineers can benefit from Big Data analytics
- Real-time analytics for digitalization in oil and gas
- Leveraging the cloud to drive operational excellence
To celebrate ADS’ 10th anniversary, respected industry leaders participated in a cake-cutting ceremony. They include:
- Robby Kambey, GM – Asset Management, PT Kreasindo Resources
- Shahrul Rashid, Principal Engineer – Instrument and Control, Petronas Penapisan Terengganu (PPTSB)
- Selva Guru, Principal Engineer, Process Control, Singapore Refining Company
- Nc Chakrabarti, Vice President & Head Smart Manufacturing Technology, Reliance Industries Limited
- Datuk Kamarudin Zakaria, Former Head of Group Technical Solution, Petroliam National Berhad (PETRONAS)
- Mai Tuan Dat , General Manager, Operation Division, Binh Son Refining & Petrochemical, Vietnam
- Dang Ngoc Dinh Diep, General Deputy Manager, Binh Son Refining & Petrochemical, Vietnam
More than 600 delegates attended ADS this year. For more information about the Summit, visit http://www.downstream-asia.com